/dist/images/branding/favicon

Yaw Problem

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Wolfgang Armin, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Hi All,
    haven´t been flying for quite some time hence my relative silence here. Flights with cameras are currently forbidden here in Austria - so I must not even do training flights. Kind of annoying.
    I came back from a trip in April and didn´t assemble the cinestar up to now. When I did, I decided to not mount the gimbal, and do some training flights without it to save battery. Maaaan this bird is different to fly without all the weight at the bottom.
    Well, but that´s not my problem. I´m having big issues with yaw. I have read this thread, but it doesn´t solve my problem, because the yaw issue I have is not permanently.
    1. it yaws pretty fast to one side and rather slow to the other
    2. and most important, it eventually even starts and stops spontaneous yawing.
    Luckily I´m in no hurry to fix this issue so I´m rather relaxed but you can imagine how awkward it is to fly and land a bird that´s yawing whenever it wants.

I checked all the buttons for the GPS functions, they are off and also the trim for yaw. Maybe I´ll try to unplug the GPS all together in a next step, but if you have any other ideas, I´d be happy. I also did a compass calibration when I came back from the trip.
    Any ideas what would be best to do next? Different radio, different receiver. I´m not too keen to lift off knowing it might rotate again.
    Your help is greatly appreciated ;-).
    Thanks,
    Wolfgang

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hi wolfgang please change your to real name you will asked to anyway!

As for your yawing most are caused compass problems likely caused by main power leads from pcb to batterys to long or need to replaced in another direction. you can also raise your navi board a little to. Is your navi board on boom one or in the stack??

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Wolfgang: As Jason suggests, it sounds like you need to double check that all of the motors are spinning in the correct direction. Also double check that the props are mounted correctly.

It is also possible that the axis of each motor's prop shaft is not vertical and this will induce a yawing motion. The Flight Control will certainly attempt to compensate, but it may not have the control authority over the motors to overcome the yawing motion entirely.

If this does not correct the problem, can you post a GPX file from the Navigation Control Board of a test flight, please? That might allow us to see what the problem is.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

4. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Hey guys,
    thanks for your inputs. I´m pretty sure motors are spinning and propellers are mounted correctly because I numbered booms, props and I have painted shrink tubes with numbers on them on the motor plugs. I double check everything before a flight when I reassembled the unit. Same with motor shafts. But I will check again and let you know. Also I´ll gladly post a GPX-file, it might take some time though, not flying too frequently lately.
    Thanks again,
    Wolfgang