/dist/images/branding/favicon

Would like the official 'Andy' sign off?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ben Freedman, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

Hey, Andy...

I was poking around today, and noticed this post from you last year:

So, we've been talking about 1 motor drawing less on my C8, but am I to infer that you have the same situation on one of your C8s, and that this gent "Rick" had the same issue on his? Perhaps this is not something unique to me, then? Seems to be on the same motor, too?

Thoughts?

Best,

Ben

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, Come Home brings it back in any orientation it cares to, so I always drop out of CH as soon as I have a visual orientation rather than let it charge over Home (and behind me) in some arbitrary orientation and then have to wrangle it....

Andy.

3. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

Hey, Andy...

Sorry, did you miss my post above yours? Don't mean to bug you, but I'd love to put my mind at rest concerning this motor issue...

Best,

Ben

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry, Ben. The perils of being a volunteer moderator -- my day job was getting in the way. :(

I've seen the situation where there is one "outlier" motor several times. Not on every GPX file I've examined, but enough to notice that it's a fairly common event.

What I've not been able to discern is why. It may be as simple as one (or perhaps more) motors are not completely accurately vertically aligned and thus are imparting yawing thrust....so some motors work harder while one loafs....

I've not got a sense that this is a major problem though. More just a curiosity but one to which we are more sensitive because we can see the data from the flight logs....

@everyone: Please jump in here with more data if you have it. I really just don't know the cause and it would (as Ben implies) be good to know whether this is just a curiosity or a crash waiting to happen.

Andy.

5. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I can try to run a couple models later and see if I find any contributing factors, or corellations to it.

6. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

Awesome!

Best,

Ben