/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wobbly footage

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Nathan Stewart, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Nathan Stewart

Nathan Stewart New Member

I'm getting some wobbly footage using an iPhone X and the Movi app every once in a while and was wondering if anyone else had seen this happen to them. It's probably only happening about 5-6 times for every 100 shots I take, but it's hard to see while I'm filming, so I can't necessarily reshoot it when I'm on site since I don't notice it until I'm editing. You can see the wobble around the 5 second mark on the clip. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That almost looks like the iPhone X is doing some kind of focus hunting -- I'm not sure the Movi could produce that effect if you tried to make it do it. Do you happen to have another iPhone (or could you borrow one), just to see if you can produce the same effect with it?

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert