/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wiring for powering Teradek Bolt and RedRock Micro FF

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Christopher Barrett, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Loren,
    we definitely not getting several hundred feet of range. when it works, it works great... but we are experience some "random" disconnect situation, that we could be 10 feet from the base station and all the sudden the unit stop working. that was the reason i was curious...
    and yes, i will contact their support for further help... thanks

2. Norbert Blenk

Norbert Blenk Member

Loren,
    can you give us a hint, which of the six pins of the acessory port have to be wired to build a power-out cable.
    Btw... thanks for this great idea.
    And if you do not mind, the same for the power IN port on the hand unit. How much does it require? Theres nothing written in the manual about this port.

Thanks for your efforts
    Norbert

3. Loren Simons

Loren Simons Member

Norbert,

If you want specific pin-out information, you can contact support@redrockmicro.com and they can let you know what's available.

However, what I did was actually use our D-Tap Cable for powerPack, which is 6-Pin, and simply unscrew the D-Tap connector, giving me my Power and GND leads with the quick test of my voltage meeter.

That's probably the safest and simplest way to build a custom cable out of the Accessory Port.

Regarding the Handheld Controller's power in, same applies for the pinout on that guy. However, we don't suggest feeding him an unregulated voltage from something like a D-Tap battery, I believe that guy likes a regulate 12V.

4. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Question: We are mounting our RR MM to our Movi 5 and I am trying to future out the best way to mount the RR MM to our system. Any help would be appreciated. The hot shoe is not an option as we are using it to mount to the Movi 5.

Thanks, J