/dist/images/branding/favicon

Why screws collide in "PAN" motor!?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Asier. Schwarzlose., Feb 22, 2018.

1. Asier. Schwarzlose.

Asier. Schwarzlose. New Member

Hi, I can\'t move the \"PAN\" motor. There are four screws (where is the clip to hook the handle) that protrude a little and bump, do not allow me to move the engine in 360 degrees
    (being off the gimbal).

Video:

Thanks![​IMG]

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Asier welcome to the forums.

Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Have you tried to tighten all of the bolts? Sometimes one might have gotten a bit loose. There is a very tight tolerance in that area.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks to me like the lower bolt may have backed out a little bit. You can take the Toad off and see if you can access the bolts below it to tighten them.

I think all those bolts are supposed to use Lock-Tite, so if you disassemble, you might want to have some handy for when you put it back together.

Please let us know if that fixes it.

Asier. Schwarzlose. likes this.
  4. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Your toad in the hole may have been impacted and compressed he bearing inside. I had this happen on my m10 long ago, and again on my m15. I had to put two flatheads on either side and pry up a bit to give clearance because I was on a shoot and had no choice but to try fixing it in the field. It worked and lifted it to give clearance, no issues with the motor after, all tunes seemed to be in the same range as before it had happened. But like Graham said, check the bolts too just in case your problem isn’t exactly what I had.

#4 Mike Reid, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Graham Futerfas likes this.