/dist/images/branding/favicon

why freeflysystems forgot cinestar 8?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Fernando García, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Fernando García

Fernando García New Member

Hello guys, hope all is well . . .

Looks to me that it is hard to find info or updates for the cinestar 8, now is all about Alta ...
    So i think if the company builds Alta was with the help of all cinestar buyers ... money, and sharing our experiences here ...
    and now they just do not care about ...

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Fernando there are thousands of posts on the Cinestar. Post your questions and folks will generally respond.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Search my name I have a million posts about my cinestar builds. Quadrocopter still supports the cinestar as well if you need parts. If you have any specific questions or support you can always post on here as there's many of us with a lot of experience.

Don't blame Freefly for developing a better product. You want companies to continue making their products better. I wouldn't buy a car that had 7 year old technology into it today if I can buy a new one with improved features.

MIke Magee likes this.
  4. Fernando García

Thanks Gary and David!

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Remember, the Cinestars are just frames. Damn good frames, but Freefly never sold these direct, and relied on system integrators such as Quadrocopter here in the USA to turn them into products.

ALTA is a dramatically new machine with a far better-engineered frame, but also with a state-of-the-art flight control and power systems, all of which Freefly developed in-house.

If you want to buy a Cinestar, Quadrocopter and others will still sell you one (and support it, too). But you should consider your investment in that machine side-by-side with the ALTA.

If you own a Cinestar and are concerned about support, remember, most of the parts on a Cinestar (the ones the you plug a LiPo into and make it fly) are not Freefly products. So you've always had to rely on your reseller or your own wits to keep it in the air. None of that will change anytime soon. Well, maybe your wits, but that's another conversation. :rolleyes:

6. Fernando García