/dist/images/branding/favicon

Which sensors should I set when flying?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Steven Flynn, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Just curious, and sorry if this is somewhere obvious, but I've never been totally clear on this... flying mk on a cs 8, which sensor selections should I really be monitoring on telemetry? For temperature and voltage? I see on the menu (from memory now), sensors 1 and 2... I see loads of options for individual motors and such, but which should I really be monitoring, and what exactly are they telling me? What temps should i consider normal flying a c300 and Movi? I can guess at what they are telling me but I thought I'd ask you all for the real skinny.

And finally, is there any way to get the voice to automatically cycle from my selected set of parameters? I have it on a spring loaded switch on my Graupner, but I want it to announce the data, then on the next voice cycle announce the next one... right now I can only get it to manually move to the next value.

THanks for any knowledge you can throw my way.

Steve

2. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Can't remember exactly how I set it up (MX-20), but I have my Voice on 2 switches, one switch cycles through the info and the other will just repeat the current one. I mostly use it for Voltage, when the copter gets below 14.5v I bring it in. It cycles through signal strength, volts, amps used, & temp.
    I don't watch the temps much because it hasn't been a problem, but I did have a problem on my first Quad build. If the Esc temps start to go over 90 just land! That is in centigrade. If your Esc get over 100c your copter will lose power as a kind of safety measure.

3. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

Hey Steven,
    There was a tutorial that Quadrocopter loaded on YouTube ages ago ... I can't seem to find it online anywhere anymore. I've uploaded a copy to Dropbox for you to download. IT references an old version of the MK flight and nav firmware, but ignore that. The instructions to setup the telemetry and audio switches for the Graupner MX20 is on there as well. Hope this helps ....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i0om4nxezdi0qi0/3rBlAuc4RG