/dist/images/branding/favicon

Which motors ?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ivan Escasan, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have spent sveral months reading in this site. Finally after some training
    and a few months of saving money I started to buy parts to build the C8 andI am under a budget.
    I already have the C8 frame, 3 axis gimbal, MK navi, etc.
    I am looking to save money but I dont want to risk my inversion with motors that dont work or lo quality
    . I am thinking about buying the QC motors but I am also thinking about saving some money if I can.
    So i was looking around several sites and I found on ebay this motors Tiger motor MT2820 830KV.

I am new to this but are this motors a right fit ?
    Are they good ?
    Do I have to do something different during installation that is not describes on Andy Good Guide DVD ?
    O what other motors are around on the market ?

Thank you I really would like to get help and guidance, have a great day !

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ivan take a look at www.ecalc.ch. You plug in the various parameters to see if a particular motor/prop/battery/weight combination makes sense.

You've asked a good question but there are many more variables you haven't mentioned. What batteries and C rating? What props? Standard CS8 450mm booms? MK Power board is basically a 20A/30a burst BL (ESC) so that somewhat limits heavy lift. What weights do you need to fly?

All of these variables can be entered in ecalc.

Tiger motors are fine motors. There are motors like Axi and Plettenbrug that are more expensive and also have large number of fans. If you stay with a name brand and it is the right size for your situation then you should be pretty safe. The QC motors have been solid performers. Also check with the dealer where you bought your CS and see what they suggest.

Lastly I would be cautious buying motors on eBay unless they were from a known dealer. To many cheap clone ripoffs that may say they are 'real' Tiger motors but are simply copies with inferior parts that might lead to an unfortunate failure resulting in damage to your copter/camera.

3. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Yes I am using the standard CS8 frame, MK board, the QC8000mah, and I think I am going to stick to flying a 7D and a 5D for a long while before trying to change setup or upgrade. I open the Calculator but they dont have the option for the 8000 lipo and when I saw I wanted to bang my head against the wall :/

4. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

oo and the props at the moment I bought the APC 14*4.7

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ivan just pick the 25C 6000. You can then change the selection back to 'custom' and up the battery size from 6000 to 8000. That will generally only change the flight times. The things to watch are any warnings, what throttle % is, and lift. Example if I put in the motors you mentioned at 5kg weight and those props the hover % was about 34%. That would be a flag since it is lower. Most of us target 50% for throttle at hover. So if it were me then I would look at some other motor/prop combination. Again every situation is different.