/dist/images/branding/favicon

What to do with used Radians?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Dan Coplan, May 6, 2014.

1. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

I've got a pair of these with Freefly servos that were replaced with brushless motors. Now they're just sitting around collecting dust and I'm not sure what to do with them. Like floppy disks I hate to think that they're practically useless especially given what I paid, but I understand if that's simply the way it is.

Thoughts? Offers?

Dan

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hey dan have seen or heard about g-lock?

3. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

Yes I have and I contacted them but G-Lock doesn't help me in this particular situation. My brushless setup is working great so no reason to put the Radians back on there to take advantage of G-Lock.

4. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

The abandonment of Radians was evident over a year ago. I would say they are more like a Zip drive than a floppy drive. Still useful at some level to the right person.

5. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

I use mine on an old gimbal just for doing still photography. They are still the best thing going for servo gimbals, but it seems they have really lost their resale value. Pre Movi I was ready to give up the DIY brushless gimbal dance and go back to the simple Radian days.

6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I have an old 3 axis radian gimbal that I use exclusively for still photography.

7. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Keeping a servo based gimbal for photography could be logical. Since the servo based gimbal is considerably lighter than the brushless gimbals, it will provide you some more flight time. No need for balancing for different lenses, etc.

That's what I'm doing right now.

8. Dylan McD

Dylan McD New Member

If you are looking to get rid of them, I would be interested in both of them.

thanks,
    D

9. Lanakila Young

Lanakila Young New Member

i live in hawaii, where the winds are gusty...without warning. i use a two axis brushless setup paired with a radian for pan, works really well in windy situations.