/dist/images/branding/favicon

What RX?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris Vallier, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

I'm curious which RX is being shipped with the MoVI. I've got an MR and I'd like to duplicate the M10 setup as much as possible.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Spektrum DX7 TX and a single Spektrum satellite already programmed. There is no Spektrum flight receiver included.

3. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

I'm confused. I didn't think the MR was shipping with any radio gear. Does the MR come with a RX?

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Sorry Chris I typed to fast. The MR, to the best of my knowledge, has no receiver. I have the M10 with an MR kit which is a bit different than the standard MR kit. What are you using for a flght TX/RX today? MōVI has support for Spektrum and JR Remote Receiver protocol, Futaba S.Bus for second-operator control.

5. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

I plan to use a Spektrum DX18. I'm guessing that I can get away with purchasing a single spektrum 2.4 sat. Does that sound about right?

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

If you get a DX-18 you should get the main receiver as part of the kit. That is used to 'bind' the satellite receivers. Some folks that fly Spektrum put multiple satellites using a multiplexer on their copters for flight control. Theory is that you have less chance of blanking out the receivers with the carbon of the copter. Check with Quadrocopter on their recommendations.

7. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Using two sats is a safety thing. If you are using a separate TX to control the Movi then there is absolutely no need to use 2x sat RXs. You will however, need a full receiver to bind the sat as already mentioned. What would be handy (if it is not already done) is for a setting within the Movi that would put the sat into bind mode. I know this can be done because on all of the flybarless units used for single rotor helicopters this is how you bind the sats, it gets rid of the need for a full receiver to bind the sat. Vbar is a great example- TAB, is this something you can implement? Its not unheard of that sats loose their bind and it would make this issue considerably easier to deal with on set.