/dist/images/branding/favicon

What is the correct voltage to use with the radian ?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Matt McCarthy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Matt McCarthy

Matt McCarthy Member

I know this seems silly but which is the correct voltage to use to power the radian so you can connect to the software ? In the FAQ it states that the radian will accept from 3v -12v, but in the manual it says that 'you must power the module with 5v', I,m a bit confused here any help ? I have a 6v battery i,d like to use but have ordered a 5v bec too incase as the servos maximum is 6v,

Thanks Matt

2. Philip Ellerbroek

3. Matt McCarthy

Matt McCarthy Member

Thanks Phillip, i,ve tried it with the 6v and the green light in the radian pops on for a sec then goes off same on my pwm receiver and I still cant connect ? The light on the reciever turns on orange and then slowly fades out ...any suggestions here ?
    Tks

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I'm pretty sure that it's strictly 5V DC. But there are a bunch of reasons why the lights are wrong. The Radians are very particular and very smart. Mine think they're smarter than I am. They're probably right.

5. Matt McCarthy

Matt McCarthy Member

Lol, ok so Phillip says 6v is ok youre pretty sure it's 5v, so since the 6v option doesn,t appear to be working I guess I have to wait for my 5v power supply and go for trial and error, but I am concerned about damaging something ! :(

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Matt I would use 5 volts. The range for JUST the Radian is larger BUT if you don't disconnect the servos you will likely damage them above 6 volts. So just to be safe when you forget to disconnect ALL of the servos in the chain I would suggest 5 volts.

7. Matt McCarthy

Matt McCarthy Member

Thanks Gary, I,m waiting for a bec to output the 5v, and then hopefully I can turn it on and connect to the software so i can set it up ! :)