/dist/images/branding/favicon

What does the MoVi controller and how?

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Samuel Esselinckx, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Samuel Esselinckx

Samuel Esselinckx New Member

Hi there,

I'm going to buy a MoVi M10 with 2 small HD monitors, the Redrock micro remote, the adaptor for it, and the MoVi Controller;

I can't get the manual of the MoVi Controller and nobody in Belgium has the controller.

I've heard in the video of AbelCine that the MoVi controller was transmitting the Remote Focus AND the video for the operator, is it correct ?

If so what is the type of connection used for it and how is it working?

Thank you very much,

I'm very excited about the MoVi, i've done lots of test with it, can't wait to get mine !

Best regards,
    Sam.

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

It's not transmitting video. It controls pan/tilt/roll of the Movi, and has optional control of focus/iris/zoom. The 3rd party hardware is only able to support a single channel control, but more support is possible down the road, as well as Freefly is working on a 3-channel FIZ for release somewhere down the road.

The controller also has telemetry from the Movi, and you can calibrate and tune the Movi without the need of any other device. The controller also has integrated power distribution for the monitor and other accessories you will want to attach to it.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Markus Mueller

Hi Sam,

If you but the Redrock, you'll be able to operate focus via the controller. In the shop of freefly is an option on the site where you buy the controller, to add a little transmitter to communicate with the base station of the REdrock. It's around 150$. And it's worth it. Works great.
    If you want to test it before - I'm in Berlin, Germany :)
    PS.: did you allready buy your M10 ? I'm thinking about selling mine ( but not the controller ) - which is in mint condition and has allready EU-Import taxes paid. If you are interested - contact me via mail - post@mtwocam.de

Best markus

5. Mark Sanders

Mark Sanders New Member

Hello Sam ,
    I am living in belgium and have an M 15 and the controller and the tero.
    I will selling my M10 the coming weeks because he was to small for my f55 -sony<;

<<<<<<<please leave me a message the maybe we can work together ..: sanders mark@mac.com