/dist/images/branding/favicon

weight difference cs6 vs cs8

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Wolfgang Armin, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Ideas Ideas
    Hi since saving grams is very important in this case I wonder how many grams can be save if all of the 3M stainless screws be replace for aluminum, also what about props I guess the lightest are CF, also using very small 4S batteries for the gimbal after 2 flights change them.

Crazy idea a bunch of pilots/owners, a bunch of CS8 or SK8 or others in this weight class parking their birds on the ground staging a protest in front of the legislators offices with news cameras rolling and invite the law makers to see first hand what this machines are really like, what they do, how they do it, and how dedicated professional guys like you can make this tools safe.

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Thanks, Jose, your ideas are much appreciated.
    I investigated a lot into different screws - on my cs8 with the 3-axis gimbal I even used plastic screws for several parts and 850mAh batteries (3s though). it seems to be hard to find 4s LiPos with less than 1.800mAh.
    You´re a true rebel, I wish I would be like that ;-).

Thanks again,
    Wolfgang

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

...or folks will just head across the border to friendlier territory. The US film industry has seen that happen a lot, and I fear that the US aerial business will be in similar straights when (or if) they ever do issue real regulations. Meanwhile, we all continue to operate in a “fly and pray the FAA don’t get wind of what you’re doing” mode. Not great. :([/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if the FAA does issue regulations with different weight classes for operators. I don't disagree with it though although it would be nice to at least have more than arbitrary number. I think there should be some limits. Frankly, I think until a redundant autopilot comes out anyone who would make a mammoth 12S copter to carry an Arie is just asking for trouble.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

[quote="Shaun Stanton, post: 35270, member: 469”]...Frankly, I think until a redundant autopilot comes out anyone who would make a mammoth 12S copter to carry an Arie is just asking for trouble.[/quote]

I noticed that the new 3DRobotics Pixhawk FC board has some interesting redundancy features built in. I’m disappointed that Holger hasn’t incorporated anything like that in his new stuff...

From https://store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-pixhawk
    • Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
    • Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
    • Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover

5. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I noticed that the new 3DRobotics Pixhawk FC board has some interesting redundancy features built in. I’m disappointed that Holger hasn’t incorporated anything like that in his new stuff...

From https://store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-pixhawk
    • Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
    • Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
    • Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
    [/quote]

This is very intriguing, almost too good to be true. I might have to brush the desert sand off the ole F550 hex of mine and give it whirl so to speak.

I like several things about it such as:

ARM CORTEX 32bit Microprocessor with the failsafe 32 bit co processor.
    14 Bit accelerometor
    16 Bit mated Accelerometer/Magnetometor which means it can in theory use inertial guidance to handle magnetic flux errors, ie no TBE in theory.
    16 Bit Gyro/ACCEL system.

So yeah multiple sensors for multiple backups on the data. If this thing has a good algorithm it may blow away any current system in its class.

Steve Maller likes this.
  6. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Wow, that really sounds too good to be true. If it works, I hope others will add redundancy too - Synapse?