/dist/images/branding/favicon

WEDGE - Firmware

Discussion in 'WEDGE' started by sarp karaer, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sarp karaer

sarp karaer New Member

Hi there. I am trying to upgrade my wedge with the latest beta firmware. But I cant find it on the website? There is no such thing called wedge firmware... What I am missing? I need an urgent help. Thanks a lot.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

4. Hi All...This is a bit of an error on our part, our apologies. I am assuming that Sarp read this article https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...335-How-do-I-update-the-firmware-on-my-WEDGE- as it mentions the firmware update for the WEDGE that we prematurely posted prior to posting the firmware update on the website. While I am getting that taken care of, if you have an immediate need for the firmware update, you can reach out to Support directly (support@freeflysystems.com) but we will have the firmware posted shortly.

5. Derek Cooper

Are there release notes for the update somewhere?

6. They will be posted with the update.

7. sarp karaer

sarp karaer New Member

Yes Denise exactly you said, I somehow found the article and then couldnt find the firmware. It is very urgent because I have the newest beta firmware updated for my controller but it caused problems with the wedge so I need it and I am going to send an email to the support like you said. Thanks a lot.

8. Hi Sarp - we put the firmware on software downloads page at about 5pm PST yesterday so you should have access to it now. I also responded to your Support ticket to let you know.

Denise

9. Derek Cooper

Denise - any chance you could put dates next to each of the downloads? There is a long list now and it's tough to say, "Now which version of X do I have at the moment on Y?" Thanks!

10. Derek Cooper

Can't find the release notes for this update - curious if it addresses the LANC issues with Sony FS7 cameras. Download didn't include release notes.

11. Derek - I will give your feedback to the web dev team on Monday about getting dates on the software page. I will also check on the release notes.

12. Hey Derek - I confirmed that there are no release notes as the firmware is the current production version released with the WEDGE. It was only made live to address a concern that a couple of folks had on a preproduction version. When an upgrade is released, it will come with a set of release notes. I don't have a date for an upgrade at this time though.

13. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Does the new firmware fix the range issue on the Wedge? I'm getting very poor range when flying on the drone and we loose connection with the wedge so are unable to run/stop the camera and control the Iris and Zoom.

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Rory: Can you post an image of the gimbal showing the wedge and other electronics on the MōVI please?

Thanks
    Andy.

15. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Here are some images. As you can see I've tried to position the Wedge on the side to the Epic so that the antenna has the most coverage but even doing this doesn't really help and I still get very poor range with the wedge. Actually I find I get poor range with the M15 and MoVi Controller as well but I guess that is a separate thread

Attached Files:

16. Hi Rory - the Firmware is not new, it is the same version you have on your WEDGE. I do see that you had a ticket with us regarding your issue and it sounds like you are still having issues. It is possible to issue you an RMA so you can send your unit back to us for testing if you are still having range issues with your WEDGE. Have you submitted a separate ticket for your MoVI Controller range concerns?

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Rory: I don't see any issues with antennas close together. Thanks for posting all those images.....I think it's time to do as Denise suggests, I'm afraid -- unless anyone else has some ideas.

Andy.