/dist/images/branding/favicon

Waypoint flight?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jei Swan, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Any information on it. Im using hte MK system on my CS8 and just for the first time used the "come home" on my heli. which got me thinking about waypoint flying and point of interest systems. any one have any information on this?
    alos does human input override automatic controls? say if its on an preset flight patch and a tree is in the way can i increase or decrease the altitude with out interrupting the path or move the position of the heli with out altering the altitude.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I have been researching it a lot but not many people here use it as the GPS is consumer grade GPS which can be off as much as 5 meters I believe. Yes you can override the automatic controls but turning off GPS which will get you in manual mode. Also the quadrocopter video is a little out of date because the new mktools software does it a little differently with point of interests and such. Go here for a complete guide on it, its rather extensive and has just about any info you need.

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MikroKopterTool-OSD

3. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

yeah i looked at that earlier... not as easy to figure out really. i basically gave up on trying to figure out the gps. its a cool feature but too complex to put in to application Imo. i'll look at it again just not now. thanks for the info though.