/dist/images/branding/favicon

Video Tx/Rx options

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Michael Koff, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Hi all,
    I often browse and read but rarely post...I'm not up to par with intelligence with all this stuff. Go easy on me!

Basically, I'm looking to change out my video Tx and Rx on my CS8. I have tried a couple systems with different antenna combinations, but I still find myself constantly tinkering with it to work. I also want to send the image to multiple monitors, so I assume this means I just need additional recievers. I currently use a 1.2 Tx from ReadyMadeRC. I don't know specs or MhZ. This is paired with a digital Rx. I fly the CS8 with a Graupner MX-20 and the gimbal is operated via JR9503. I use SD, as my monitors are SD and I don't know of any rock-solid HD video systems that are affordable.
    One of the biggest things, is that I'm looking for a system that I can easily integrate with my current cable configuration. I'm ok at soldering if I know what wire to solder to what wire, but I am not very good with trying to build my own wiring harness or anything.
    Anyway, any advice or opinions is valued and appreciated. I know there is a plethora of info in the posts here, but they get very deep very quickly and I'm looking for something simple that will work and is reliable.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Oh, also, my current setup allows my camera op to see OSD, to know when we are recording, what ISO, etc. etc...would be ideal to keep this with new setup...

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum as a poster, Michael.
    I sense your unease with posting but I would urge you not to confuse ignorance and stupidity...my experience of life thus far is that ignorance is a natural state that can be fixed especially by the intelligent. Stupidity, on the other hand, is for life! <evil grin>

As you will have probably noticed, if you ask for help in a professional way on this forum, you will get all the help you need. We were all ignorant when we first got into multi-rotor copters... :)

To send the image to multiple monitors does not imply that you need multiple receivers. You merely need to distribute the signal to several monitors from a single receiver. The problem is that each monitor "loads" the signal from the receiver just a little, so two monitors have a very different effect than four, say.

How many monitors do you want to distribute the SD (composite video) signal to?

If it's, say, just two, then a simple splitter should work: http://dynamic.focalprice.com/CA213...ce=CS_PLA_US&gclid=CPqg-8qZn70CFYeUfgoduJUAdw

You might even be able to get this adapter at a local Radio Shack assuming that (a) you don't mind paying more and (b) they haven't closed all the Radio Shack stores within a 100 nautical mile radius of you. :(

Andy.

4. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Thanks Andy.
    I am looking to feed only two monitors, however my camera operator is setup with a monitor/ Rx on the radio, allowing him to move around freely without a cable. The only way to split the signal is via an RCA cable, correct?

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

An RCA cable is certainly the easiest....but there is nothing to stop you using a second receiver if you want that mobility...the transmitter doesn't know how many receivers are listening to its signal.

Andy.