/dist/images/branding/favicon

Video downlink and visible area

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Wolfgang Armin, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Hey all,
    I´m currently using a nex5n on a cinestar8 with 360Gimbal and Radians. For video downlink I use the miniHDMI converter along with ifrontech Nano Stinger and Yellow Jacket.
    The problem I´m having is that I only see a smaller part of the video that´s being recorded on the FPV-Monitor. That´s especially painful with the booms and motors that might or might not be in the recorded scene.

Are there any settings I have to choose or do I just have to live with it?

Any help is greatly appreciated ;-).

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Wolfgang:
    Just to clarify, are you saying that the FPV monitor is showing you only part of what is being recorded on the video?
    If that's indeed the case, do you have any adjustments on the FPV monitor? For example, I use Small HD DP6 monitors and I can adjustment so that I see the entire video frame.

What monitor are you using?

Andy.

3. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Haha, and once again thank you, Andy ;-) - you´re a busy man!
    You are right, the monitor shows only a part of what is being recorded.
    I do have a Small HD DP6 SDI too, but I didn´t use it a lot up to now because of the additional HDMI-Converter I´d need.
    My monitor is from a steadicam pilot - not the best product, but lightweight and easy to use. There is nothing to adjust on that monitor and if I remember right it´s the same image that is shown on the DP6 when I tried that, so I thought that´s a problem of the nano stinger. I´ll try to check that on monday too.
    Thanks for the valuable feedback!
    Cheers,
    Wolfgang

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Wolfgang: Yeah, it's a bit of a pain to adjust the DP6 -- gone are the days (it seems) when you just hit a button marked "Overscan."

Let me (and the other forum readers) know if that solves the problem.

Thanks
    Andy