/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vibrations in top mount battery after balancing...

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by John Santry, Oct 19, 2015.

1. John Santry

John Santry New Member

Hi All,

I have the Alta with an M5 in bottom mount configuration. GH4 with 15mm Leica, Connex, and 2 x 16,000 Tattu's. 25.5# take off weight.

I get the M5 tuned and dialed in real nice by suspending it from two of the arms on the backs of some chairs. When I move the Alta to the floor I get vibrations that are pretty severe in the top battery tray. I have to further reduce the pan stiffness down to around 60 to eliminate the vibrations once the aero legs are on the deck.

Footage looks fine airborne with the pan down in the 60s and no vibrations but I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing still? When I lock the MoVI from Dual Mode before take off I get the vibrations in the battery tray. I have to go to kill and then back to lock (majestic) to get rid of them. After take off I switch into dual mode and video is fine. Then the reverse happens on landing. We stow the gimbal, land, kill the motors, and the vibrations in the battery tray are back. Going to kill on the MoVI then back to Majestic eliminates them once again.

I'm wondering if anyone experiences a similar problem or if I just need to balance/tune the M5 better? Maybe I need stiffer cartridges?

Thanks in advance!

John

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. John Santry

John Santry New Member

yuuuup. Thanks. Somehow I missed it. Thanks.