/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vibration issue...

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Tom Wadsworth, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Try: http://www.fastener-express.com/metric-socket-head-cap-screws-stainless-steel.aspx
    Or, for the longer ones: http://www.boltdepot.com/Metric_mac...an_head_Stainless_steel_18-8_3mm_x_0.5mm.aspx (too bad they're not hex).

You'll be able to tell if the top of the small pan pulley becomes scarred. If it has, then you are correct.

With the Mondo Extreme at 1.5 W of radiated power, I'm getting about two flights of around ten minutes per 1200 mAH.
    I use a LiPo monitor to make sure I don't over-discharge the 1200's. (It's from dpcav.com -- the blue LED flashes as an early warning that the 1200 mAH is getting too low.)

Or suspended and motionless to initialize.

I think it probably comes down to personal preference -- I'd rather like to know the point of oscillation and dial it down from that rather than the other way around.

What I do (and bear in mind this falls under the general heading of mad dogs and Englishmen), is that I have one gimbal for each camera. I set it up right. I lock it down. And then I leave it alone. No tweaking.

I'm working on the basis that, if time is money, then by throwing money at a problem, I'll save time. Thus, I simply cut the Gordian knot of constant tweaking of adjustments in one go.

I realize this is not a strategy for everyone, but I confess (sob...) that it's the strategy I use...

My pleasure.
    Andy.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Also McMaster has stainless bolts. This is the part number for 45mm x 3mm 91292A025

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Gary. McMaster have both 45mm and 50mm in case you need to make any custom mods to the Cinestar.

Andy.