/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vetical Tilt Balance Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by JASPER GLAVANICS, Nov 21, 2013.

1. JASPER GLAVANICS

Hi All,

So this is driving me completely mad. I have a Canon 5D III with a Redrock hot shoe rod mount and wireless follow focus attached to that. Im using a CP2 35mm lens. I can get the front and back tilt no problem. I have mounted the camera on the last mounting point on the plate.
    However when I go for Vertical tilt, I can get it to sit flat horizontally as shown in the Freefly video but when I go to leave it in any position it just tilts down which means it bottom heavy ..
    when i adjust the vertical slide there is a millimetre difference between wanting to go front tilt or wanting to go back tilt ..

Has someone done this setup and figured out a solution ?? Or possibly another suggestion on how to mount my follow focus and battery for the motor ?

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Hi Jasper.

If you tilt your setup almost all the way up what does it do?
    If you tilt your camera almost all the way down what does it do?

This setup ismone of the easier to balance on the rig. It just requires patience and knowledge of what's not balanced..

If at horizontal level it stays, tilted up it goes down and tilted down it goes down its top heavy.....

3. JASPER GLAVANICS

I think ive done it! Only took half the day .. lol
    I think it will take a fair bit of practice as to be ready for when clients want a red camera fitted.

However is it supposed to be so sensitive when balancing the vertical tilt ? meaning when I slide the mounts up ever so slightly .. it becomes top heavy. By slightly I mean a few mm !

4. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

It is supposed to be sensitive. It's all about the best performance and how hard the motors have to work.

Think about your body and standing up.. If your a normal body weight you have no problem walking up stairs. If your obese, your balance and weight is drastically affected and makes your body work harder to maintain--

Ok maybe bad analogy-- hahaha you get the point!

PRACTICE and "tiny" adjustments are the key..

5. JASPER GLAVANICS

bahaha .. great analogy! :)
    I do get the point .. slowly getting there, which is good!
    Thanks for the input