/dist/images/branding/favicon

...Very Sad sad sad... Freefly must fix this...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by MInu Park, Aug 24, 2016.

1. MInu Park

MInu Park New Member

I bought M10 two month ago.

I have been using Android to control the M10 without using USB until last week.

The android tablet was broken, so I tried to use my phone(Iphone) or Ipad to control, but it doesn't let me control. I just found that I had to buy Wifi module<== 125$

Okay, I've been investing already 10K$ including my focus and wireless monitoring system.

I am going to get it, It's like "you get what you paid for!"
    Now I can't use my mimic, because wifi module needs 5pin, where my mimic module has been stayed.

So, I have been researching about how to put both of them together. So far, I can't find put both in a single 5pins on my m10.

Now, I have to decide either buy a single cheap android tablet for only my m10 or giving up using mimic when I balance. Furthermore, I have a big music video shooting on this weekend, and I am very concerning about spending time on changing module all the time.

It's just very uncomfortable.

How do you guys deal with this situation?

#1 MInu Park, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Minu, I have a cheap, dedicated 7" Android tablet with my Movi, and I'm convinced that's the best way to do it. Other Apple platforms seem to have problems, and as you're discovering, you can only have Wifi or Mimic, but not both.

An Android tablet can be $150 on Amazon, but that's been the most stable way for me to work with it. Android allows you to move files around with File Explorer, and Freefly seems to develop that app better than on the other platforms. Also, I don't worry about running the battery down on my phone or have to use my phone with the Movi.

It's not Freefly's fault that Apple has additional layers of Authentication in their use of Bluetooth, so they worked around it with the Wifi adapter. I do feel they should clearly warn you that you can't use both the Wifi and the Mimic at the same time, before you buy the Wifi adapter.