/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using M10 batteries on M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Veve Borimov, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Is it possible to use the M10 batteries on the M5? I now they dont fit but if I stick therm somewhere else? Will it power the M5? Will it damage anything?

Thanks!

Rachel Marie Smith likes this.
  2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Veve they will work fine. The M10 batteries are 4S size (voltage) as are the M5 batteries.

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

It won't damage anything. It will power it for longer than the M5 battery. I don't think there are any downsides other than it needing a place to attach.

Rachel Marie Smith likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Short answers: Yes. No.

Long answer: Yes you can use the M10 Lipos. The M10 Lipos are the same number of cells as the M5 battery, Veve, therefore they will provide the same voltage and thus not damage anything. The only difference is that the M10 Lipo's are larger capacity therefore they will drive the M5 for longer (around twice as long as the M5's are 1,300 milliAmp/hour and the M10's are 2,600 milliAmp/hour).

Check with support@freeflysystems.com before you do it just to make sure, though, as my advice is often worth precisely what you're paying for it. :rolleyes:

Andy.

5. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Thanks for all your answers!

6. Dana Neibert

Dana Neibert Member

7. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

First thing i did when i got my M5 was that i did cut the top bracket from battery tray so i can fit better and bigger lipos. Zippy compacts are 5C charge (compared to 2C freefly) rated and cost a fraction of freefly lipos. When powering video tx, blackmagic, hdmi converter etc from same lipo, 1.3mAh freefly lipos are just too small.

[​IMG]

Veve Borimov likes this.