/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using GPX

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Scott Strimple, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Scott Strimple

I'm sorry if this topic is already on here but I couldn't find what I was searching for and there are lots of ref to GPX. So I have the sd card in my gps but I can't find any instructions for usage. Would one of y'all be able to point me in the right direction for some documentation? Is it automatic? Or do I need to initialize it. Thx so much!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Scott, first it needs to be formatted in FAT16 format. The card can not be more than 2gb. If you have those parameters setup it should write all of the pertinent data to the card.

Files can be read by downloading the latest GPXTool from the MK Wiki. Just do a search on GPXTool.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I would strongly suggest Andy's new DVD in his Rather Good Guide series. I'm not sure it's released yet, but I've had a chance to review it, and it's an awesome guide to how to use your MK's Navi data.

4. Scott Strimple

Gary ... Thanks so much.

Steve ill check on it thanks!

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the recommendation, Steve. The new DVDs are at Quadrocopter, but I don't see it on their web site yet -- so I'd suggest you call or email them. :)

Andy.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sorry...the caffeine hasn't kicked in. The new DVD is called "A Rather Good (Beginners') Guide to MK_GPXTOOL and Google Earth." It has a basic introduction to the contents of GPX file (it's just a text file and once you know how it's formatted you can read it directly if you need to), plus a detailed introduction to MK_GPXTOOL, examples of how to use MK_GPXTOOL to analyze GPX files, and how to use Google Earth to replay flights in 3D.

Andy.

Steve Maller likes this.
  8. Scott Strimple

Thanks Andy... I just checked and they are on the Quadrocopter web site now.