/dist/images/branding/favicon

Updating through App issue?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Darren Streibig, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Darren Streibig

Darren Streibig New Member

Hey is anyone else having updating issues? I’ve had my MōVI for about 4 months or so, have updated it a few times, but for some reason, updating to v1.3 it stops and says “Oh No! The firmware update failed!” - it stops around 30% and does the exact same thing while updating the mimic. Everything else seems to be working as normal, no errors and both modules connect no problem. Is there something with the App or possibly the latest version of iOS?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Not sure if Freefly solved it yet, but there was a disconnection problem with iOS 11 on the iPhone that might be your problem. The app couldn't stay connected to the Movi long enough to finish the update.

3. Darren Streibig

Darren Streibig New Member

Ok I can confirm that was the issue. Had an older cracked iPhone running iOS 10 that is now proceeding with the update. Appreciate the response! Thanks!

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The issue is related to a change in the iOS 11 update. We are aware of it and have a fix in the upcoming beta firmware.

For anyone wanting to update before we get the next firmware released, you will need to find an iOS 10 mobile device, or an Android device to run the update from.

Once the firmware is updated, you'll be able to go back to your iOS 11 device for configuration changes, since only the firmware update process is affected.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. Charles Bergquist

6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

You only need an alternate to iOS 11 for the update itself. My recommendation is to find someone with an Android device or an iPad/iPhone still running iOS 10 that you can use for ten minutes to run the update.

Or wait until we roll out the next beta firmware version. What version of firmware are you currently running? Did you ever upgrade to the 1.3 beta?

7. Charles Bergquist

Hey Bryan,

All good, found someone on iOS 9 and was able to update. I was able to get to the 1.3 beta, but we still had issues with FIZ control on the MoVI Pro so we ended up going with an independent system. I'll give it a try again with this update.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.