/dist/images/branding/favicon

update faill

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Sevan Ozbulbul, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sevan Ozbulbul

Sevan Ozbulbul New Member

hi..
    i tryed to update to Akira with my phone. and in middle of update my phone ringed and connection lost.
    after i didnt connect m15. when i try to open back 3 lights 1 time flash then nothing.i think i failed boot sector
    what i have to do replace firmware to m15

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Seven welcome to the forums. You may need to use the jumper that is part of the Movi kit if you 'bricked' the controller.

Instructions are here on the forum (do a search on brick or jumper) and I think they are on the support knowledge base.

Also would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

As a general rule, I turn my iPhone to Settings -> Do Not Disturb -> Manual to prevent text messages and phone calls etc. from popping up during the upgrade.

Gary's advice is, of course, correct though. Use the jumper to force the MoVI into boot mode and re-flash the firmware.

Andy

4. Please be aware that you can only perform a firmware update using a device connected via Bluetooth, not WiFi. So if you plan on performing a MoVI firmware update, you need to use Android, PC, or MacOS (NOT iOS)

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

OH! Good point, Chris! I'd forgotten that!
    Sorry, Sevan.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Chris Harrison likes this.