/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ultra Flexible HDMI Sanho Equivalents

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Sam Windell, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Anyone out there have any Sanho HDMI alternatives? I'm looking to get the ultra thin 0.8m hdmi cables and a 2-3 week wait is pretty long as I'm needing to use the MoVI a lot next week and the stiff HDMI cables I have currently are not cutting it. The right angle hdmi to mini hdmi I bought in the freely store is too stiff and throws it out of balance too much. Regretting I bought it. Also looking for some short (less than a foot) HDMI cables to run from paralinx receivers to monitors for ff and pan/tilt. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Sam, where are you located? I have one of those Sanho's (which are great, by the way!) and I wouldn't mind loaning you one via mail, if it works for you.

As for shorter HDMI, I bought three of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PESCCC/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are not what I would call "ultra" flexible, but they are moderately flexible, and fairly thin. They make great patch-cables, but I wouldn't use them between the handles and the gimbal.

3. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Austin,

I'm located in Greenville, SC. Do you have the HDMI to HDMI sanho and/or the HDMI to mini HDMI sanho made for DSLR's? I'm needing both soon. I've searched all over internet and there doesn't seem to be a comparable competitor that offers them. I would totally pay you for one if you have extra or ship it back when done. It's frustrating because I've sent a couple emails to hypershop asking about the cables and never got a response back after several days.

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

5. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Ahhh....I remember seeing these before, thanks so much brotha. I'll be ordering these right now. I like the sound of string. Less interruption with the gimbal the better. I was on a paid shoot today and my stiff cables had me pretty frustrated with the imbalance that I just said screw it and operated while looking at the back of the 5D in majestic mode...hah....I don't recommend this, but sometimes you gotta go with what works in tight situations.

Austin Glass likes this.
  6. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Sam I reached out to Hypershop a while back about shorter cables - they wanted a minimum qty of 1000 to place the order. The cable Austin references above is a great choice!

7. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

JEEBUS! 1,000 cables! That's frickin' ridiculous. I'm pretty satisfied with the cables Austin recommended already. Monday shipment guaranteed with prime, next big shoot on Tuesday...score! Thanks a million.

Austin Glass likes this.
  8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

You could buy them and give them away as gifts. Of course in 10 years or sooner we will be like Back to the Future.

"Cables. Where we're goin' you don't need Cables"

Drew Kachurak likes this.
  9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone seen ultra thin USB cables 2.5 feet in length?

Andy.

10. Brittni Ann

Brittni Ann New Member

Hey guys!

The HyperShop (Sanho) HDMI cables will be available to ship in 3-5 days.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Brittni
    ++

11. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

12. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member