/dist/images/branding/favicon

Two questions

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Eric Ulbrich, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hello everyone,
    Just got my movi this week and have been jamming on it this weekend. Over the course of having a great time I had a few questions about the rig.

1. Whats this plug for?
    It sits at the bottom of the gimbal sled right under where one would mount the camera...
    It seems like some sort of power plug? Is there a way to power a follow focus or an accessory from it?

2. Rolling the camera.
    on the spektrum controller knobs. The pan speed control has a roll symbol next to it? When I try it however nothing happens. Is it possible to use the roll function with a remote operator? Also in smooth lock mode I notice that I can only set the pan angle. Is there a way to smooth lock the rig in a dutch mode configuration?

apologies if these questions have been answered already!

Attached Files:

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Eric,

No problem! 1, the plug is for a future upgrade. It came up in another thread but I can't seem to locate it.

2. For roll, you can use the roll trim to set a fixed angle of roll. This is normally used to correct or make minor roll adjustments on the fly. I believe another part to your question is could you have the left stick operate roll as in how the right stick operates pan? This was possible in prototype versions but I'll have to let someone else respond to help you here. Iim not 100% sure

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Eric if you are referring to the label at the top of the left stick that says Roll | Pan there is no Roll control currently if you move the left stick left and right. The only Roll control is the switch below the left stick labeled Roll Trim. As Brad says this is to make adjustments to get roll absolutely level. You can also do this in the software to program in an adjustment.

Not sure that I understand you smooth lock question. Can you describe what you are trying to set in the software, what item and value? Also I don't understand your 'dutch mode' bit.

4. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Hey Gary, no worries. going dutch is an term to describe off centered or off balance photography. Goes back to the term Deutsche in german expressionism. Basically, what I want to do is move the roll axis in smooth lock mode to tilt the horizon level either left or right.

Basically I want to be able to set the roll of the sled in smooth lock mode in majestic mode tuning and be able to set the roll just like you can set the tilt of the camera.

5. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

It would be amazing if this little plug could power a simple single channel follow focus unit. Perhaps a PLC bartec MDU? or RR system?

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Got it and other than setting the roll trim way off I don't think it is possible. And the roll trim probably doesn't go far enough you.

Also send a note to the support email site so they can log it in the system.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Can anyone tell me if the plugs on the sled can provide power from the LIPOS???

9. Jonathan Stevenson

Tabb mentioned in another thread that the port on the underside was for a yet-unnamed future upgrade.

10. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

boo...that doesnt help me. does anyone know if it at least distributes power and what the pinout is?

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Eric I think it is a data port for doing firmware updates. Will see if I can get you an answer.

12. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Eric, The connector on the IMU puck is a data connection. It is not advisable to try and power accessories from this port. The DC/DC regulator is not sized to run follow focus etc.

Thanks

Tabb

13. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

So still no Dutch-ability other than roll trim?

14. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Casey not at this time.

15. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

Any update to the Dutch angle ability? Being able to control the Roll via remote other than using the roll trim button?