/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tutorials on building 3 Axis Gimbal

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Julian MORENO, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Julian MORENO

Julian MORENO New Member

Hello. I recently ordered a DIY Cinestar 8 with a 3 axis camera Gimbal. Though I'm building it, I just noticed that the more than helpful DVDs set on how to build it from Andy Johnson-Laird doesn't include a section on how to ensemble and attach the 3 axis Gimbal. Is there any suggested tutorial on how to do this, hopefully by Andy himself? Thank you in advance.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm glad you found the Cinestar Build DVD set helpful Julian. I have not done a DVD for the gimbal, but there is this video:

and Freefly has these:

http://www.freeflysystems.com/media/tutorials.php

And, of course, feel free to post your questions on the forum -- as you may already know there are numerous knowledgeable people on the forum who can help you. I've even been able to fake knowing the right answer twice....well, once I copied what Gary told me. :)

Andy.

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

5. Julian MORENO

Julian MORENO New Member

Thank you so very much for the video tutorial suggestions Andy, and of course I will keep on working with them and post any relevant questions on the forum. At the moment I'm testing the flight control systems with the fully assembled Cinestar 8, but I still have some sort of problem with the LED's, which had not work whatsoever. Anyway, I'll keep on trying to solve it.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

If you can describe the problem with the LEDs perhaps we can help?

Andy.

7. Julian MORENO

Julian MORENO New Member

Thank ou Andy...

The LED wiring is as you described it on the tutorial. It is soldered to external PCB on S1 and -, but there is something that I should tell: there was one circuit not soldered to that ext PCB when it arrived, which I manage to find and solder to that board (i just noticed that your's have it included, and mine doesn't). I don't have any idea what will be the function for that circuit, but it is there, as it was on your video. Now, on MKtools, the Out2 Bitsmak is as you described. Perhaps, should I do all the wiring again? Thanks indeed.

DSC_0082.jpg Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 8.24.14 AM.png

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Julian see my post on your LED question. That board is missing most of the components.

9. Julian MORENO

Julian MORENO New Member

Thank you Gary.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Julian:
    Yes, sorry about that. The Extension PCB I got from QC was fully assembled. The current boards you get are a kit, so you need to solder on those tiny components.

Andy.