/dist/images/branding/favicon

Turn Bluetooth off?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Paul Hara, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

I work in an area where bluetooth is not allowed. Is there a way for me to turn it off on the MoVi M5?
    Thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Paul:
    AFAIK there is no way to turn Bluetooth off.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

Thanks Andy, I was afraid of that!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm not sure it meets your requirements but you might consider wrapping the control unit in aluminum foil to act as a Faraday screen and block the BT signal.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

I’ll try it and see what happens. If sensors don’t see the signal I’ll be OK. Thanks for the tip!

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Another thing you might try is copper mesh -- you can get it from Art Supply companies. For example: https://www.dickblick.com/products/...MIr4T8nbut1wIVyIV-Ch05UwCFEAQYAiABEgJmqPD_BwE

Just make sure that it completely encloses the control unit and antenna. You can fold the edges to form a seal.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Paul Hara

Paul Hara New Member

Awesome thanks!