/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trouble Mounting Sony FS100

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Patrick Weeden, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Patrick Weeden

Hey guys

I am having problems mounting the FS 100 to the 3 Axis Gimbal, the weight seems to make the belt slip down and the gimbal struggles to hold the lens in a neutral position. I have extended the booms and moved the camera back as far as it will go but still having problems. The Gimbal really seems to struggle in all directions. Does anyone have some tips on mounting a camera as heavy as the FS100?

I am thinking of getting the cx760 or the Canon 7D for video, I have read most of the threads but still can't really decide on which to get. I guess there is no clear winner. Tending to lean towards the 7D as I can't get my head around camcorder video quality vs DSLR quality, any help welcomed. Could also get the black magic but cannot find enough info on using it for aerial work.

Thanks in advance

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

In guessing your talking about the tilt axis slipping? And is the camera balanced in tilt and roll? I know there are a few guys out there running the 100 and getting great video. If it is balanced then maybe you are talking about the set screw on the tilt axis being loose?

3. Patrick Weeden

Hi Brad,

Yes I was talking about the tilt axis. The camera is balanced in both axes but if I tilt the camera down, it struggles to come back up, the belt on the pulley seems to slip. I don't think the set screw is loose but I will have a look tomorrow and see if I maybe missed that. Thanks Brad

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick with the belts off, when you tilt it forward does it stay in position or continue tilting down when you let go of the camera?

5. Patrick Weeden

Hi Gary,

I will test that today and make sure the balance is still ok. I haven't tested it with the belt off yet.

Thank you

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

7. Patrick Weeden