/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trouble loading NEW Firmware for Mimic Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Arnold Kaplan, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Arnold Kaplan

Arnold Kaplan New Member

Hi,

Im trying to load Mimic Pro firmware v1.1

But the process stops halfway through and says "un oh failed to enter boot strap mode please power cycle and try again"

which I have a few times and when I do the progress bar(second bar at the bottom) is shown being about 30-40 percent complete

Updated Movi pro software no problem just having problems loading the Mimic software

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Are you trying with Android or iOS? Can you share os version and hardware model for it?

Have you tried rebooting your tablet/phone?

3. Arnold Kaplan

Arnold Kaplan New Member

Appreciate your reply Deniz

iPhone 6plus iOS 10.2.1

Yea, I did reboot

Maybe delete and reinstall ??

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Is MIMIC stuck with black screen or when you repower you can use MIMIC as usual?

I doubt it will help but you can try delete and reinstall. You can also try "revert" instead of update and let me know if that one works..

5. Arnold Kaplan

Arnold Kaplan New Member

Yep, it gets stuck on a black screen with only the green indicator on

In order to use it I have to hold the power button down so the green light goes away then re-press the button to start the unit

I tried the revert process and its still getting stuck and comes displays that error

Im going to try and delete and reinstall the software and see when it goes

Thanks!

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Maybe this isn't the cause of your problem, but this happened to me when I was updating yesterday, and I found that I had the Movi on while I was trying to update the Mimic. My iPhone jumped over to connect with the Movi in the middle of the update and lost connection with the Mimic, and the Mimic had the black screen with Green LED. So I had to start over and turn the Movi off.

Could there be any bluetooth interference or other devices grabbing on to your phone?

7. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

@Arnold Kaplan, you might want to contact support directly for RMA.. I can't think of a solution at the moment. Tried many different scenarios already. http://freeflysystems.com/contact

@Graham Futerfas, I am not sure if thats possible. iOS App will auto-reconnect only to the last connected device.. It uses unique ID to do this so interference shouldn't be an issue. I tried reproducing in different ways just in case as well but couldn't.. Are you 100% positive that you started fw update on MIMIC via your iPhone and then found it to be connected to your MōVI instead (automagically) after a while?

8. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Deniz, I should have been more careful about documenting it. You may be correct, looking back at my setup now. The update seemed to have frozen, and when I looked at the iPhone, it was not connected to the Mimic, but if you tap Connect, there are blue lights next to Movi Pro indicating signal. I may have mistaken that for a connection.

After turning off the Movi and starting over, the update went through, but that could be coincidence.