/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trouble binding Spektrum satellite to movi pro.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Toby WIlson, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Toby WIlson

Toby WIlson New Member

Hi guys,

I have cannot for the life of me get my Spektrum DX9 bound to the movi. When i tell it to bind in the app. I reboot and the satellite light flashes once then goes out. I have never been able to achieve the constant binding flash which is normal.

I have tried many other ways such as binding the satellite through another reciever and then putting it on the movi pro but alas no luck. The monitor window for the rc commands shows no activity.

I have the correct movi com to spektrum cable which is what i am using.

The binding process is quite difficult on the phone app compaired to the desktop app where you could easily monitor and re-assign channels based on what you were seeing on the graphs.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Do you hold in the bind button on the DX9 when you boot back up? My receiver was already bound from when it was on the M15, so I didn't have to do this procedure on the Pro, but I can confirm that the Spektrum receiver is functioning with the Pro.

3. Toby WIlson

Toby WIlson New Member

So i found a solution for my issue.

Seems as if the pairing process from the Movi Pro end will not trigger the Satellite to go into bind mode, at least all the ways i tried.

The way i got it to work was to pair the satellite to the transmitter using a normal receiver (such as a 8ch RC receiver) with the satellite plugged into it.
    Once they were bound to the transmitter, i then removed the bind plug and then unplugged the satellite and plugged it into the movi pro using freefly's cable.
    I switched everything off and then turned on transmitter and booted movi and the satellite now has a proper solid orange showing a good connection.
    The movi still wouldn't talk to the receiver, so i had to then go into the app and dual op settings and select a DSM2 or DSMX setting and the movi control then came to life.
    Sometimes i have found the movi might forget that its using a Spektrum satellite and you have to go into the app and click on the setting again.

Hope this helps someone else with this oddly frustrating issue.

T

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Toby: That is the correct procedure as I understand it. I've not been able to bind a satellite procedure all by itself.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

MōVI Pro FW doesn't currently support Spektrum bind. iOS App had the bind button, which was misleading, and has been removed on v1.1.

6. Graham Futerfas

I also noticed this on a shoot in December and haven't gotten back to looking into it. I kept having to reset the app to DSM2 1024 for my PLC Wheels, since it kept wanting to go back to Movi Controller. When I tested it again later at my house, it was working fine, but I didn't have the wheels set up at the time, so I need to look at this more closely and see what conditions may cause it to forget.

7. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

I kept having to reset the app to DSM2 1024 for my PLC Wheels, since it kept wanting to go back to Movi Controller.
    • iOS and Android Apps don't auto-save settings at the moment. After making changes, you'd need to go back to main Configurations screen, then tap "write". This will ensure settings are kept after reboot.

8. Graham Futerfas

That's an excellent point, Deniz, but this was even after I wrote the configuration settings. I need to experiment further with it, but the new Mimic has been so good that I haven't been using the wheels as much as I did with the M15.

9. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Also note that currently COM1 on MōVI Pro is dedicated to "MōVI Controller" type (basically supporting MōVI Controller or MIMIC Beta). COM2 is configurable via app and default is "MōVI Controller" .

10. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

I'm attempting to bind and use a Spektrum DX6i controller with my MōVI Pro and am having a hell of a time figuring out how to accomplish this. I am very new to these RC-focused products and could use a little guidance.

I've got the Spektrum DX6i, an AR610 receiver, a satellite receiver, and the Freefly MōVI to Spektrum cable. The first problem I've run into is that my AR610 receiver doesn't seem to have a way to link up with the satellite nor the Freefly MōVI to Spektrum cable (so that was a useless purchase). What receiver do I need to work the DX6i with the MōVI Pro?

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Joshua:
    When you got the AR610 with the satellite receiver, you should also have received a bind plug and a short cable to connect the main receiver to the satellite. (Click on the image below -- the bind plug has small orange tab on it.)

Spektrum Rx and Satellite.png

The DX6i's manual is at https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/DX6i-Manual_EN.pdf

Check out page 7 which describes the binding procedure (that links the DX6i to the AR610 and its satellite). Note: you have to connect up the satellite to main receiver to bind the satellite. (That said, I seem to recall that there was a posting on the forum about how to bind to just the satellite -- but I cannot find it!)

Hope this helps.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert