/dist/images/branding/favicon

Trouble binding Spektrum DX7s with M15

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Ben Kumanovski, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Ben Kumanovski

Ben Kumanovski New Member

How do I bind the M15 to the Spektrum DX7s?

I tried to connect the M15 to the Spektrum receiver, but it doesn’t seem possible. The cable that comes out of the MoVi (see image attached) doesn’t fit into any of the slots on the receiver (image attached).

IMG_6429.JPG IMG_6430.JPG

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Ben,

First, you only need the Satellite part of the receiver, so unplug the 3-pin plug from the part that says AR8000. That little receiver and cable is all you need.

Next, you need to remove the two bolts that hold the cap on where that 5-pin cable comes out of your Movi, and run your little 3-pin cable up there. It acts as a strain-relief, so be careful not to pinch the cables when doing it. Plug it in the 3-pin hole marked 'Spektrum' and replace the cap. I use velcro to hold my receiver on the back there.

The 5-pin cable that's currently hanging out of your Movi is for the Mimic\Movi Controller receiver.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

#2 Graham Futerfas, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  3. Giles Harvey

Giles Harvey New Member

I have done all the above but I cannot get the flashing 'binding' signal from the satellite. Please help

#3 Giles Harvey, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  4. Simon Weyhe

Simon Weyhe New Member

I have the same problem. No flashing binding signal. anyone out there have any idea on what to do

5. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i would bind it off the movi first then plug it in.

Use this guide

6. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

Do you get any lights on the Spektrum receiver? I had an issue where spektrum receivers kept getting burnt out just by being plugged into my power up M15. I actually fried 3 receivers before finally giving up. I'm not sure where to go from here, but make sure the receiver is still powering up and working and isn't fried.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I know this sounds weird but when binding a Spektrum transmitter to a Spectrum receiver (in fixed wing aircraft), it works better if the transmitter is about eight to ten feet away from the receiver. I was reading about this on rcgroups.com yesterday -- I posted a message to Andy Kunz, the Spektrum dev/forum support guy asking why this was necessary and it appears that the transmitter "swamps" the receiver if they are too close together.

I've not heard about the M15 frying Spektrum receivers, before, Philip -- did you report this to Freefly?
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert