/dist/images/branding/favicon

Travel Stand for Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Edward Saltau, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Edward Saltau

Edward Saltau New Member

Hi there,

I'm after a stand for the Movi Pro. I prefer to run without the ring, instead using the classic handles. However the old stand for the m10 isn't high enough, with the bottom of the camera touching the ground.

Are there any decent alternatives? I've seen a few kicking around for a crazy price. I'd like not to pay >$200 for a stand. The original movi stand is pretty much what I need only 10cm taller.

Thanks

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Maybe build one out of PVC pipe?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve Maller's the guy to answer that...he's made some great "ghetto" stands from PVC pipe!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Or you can use the Movi Pro ring as a stand just for balancing purposes and mount to the handle bars when you are about to shoot.

5. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

I think OP wants it for in between shots, not specifically for balance.

I think k graham put one together using a c-stand and a bike hanger-thing from lowes. It looked solid. However, a nice portable c-stand still 150 at least, I'm not putting my MōVI on a light stand or pvc sorry lol. Tried pvc with m10, was fine but non the fastest/sturdiest