/dist/images/branding/favicon

Transmitter Settings Issue (Maybe)

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Andy Post, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

Hey Thrill Seekers. I've been trying to install a GentwirePRO 102 cable so I can start/stop our Red after it leaves the ground. We have two M5's. I found two tutorials at Quadrocopter, one for a Futaba and one for a Spektrum DX8. The DX9 is different enough that I blamed it's not working on my setup. So I tried it on the older Movi with it's DX7s.

I could not get the additional Spektrum RX that is required to bind, and Spektrum sent a new one. While I was walking through the tutorial..again. I noticed that the M5 was unresponsive to the sticks. Not being the one to stop when I've shot myself in only one foot. I thought I must have hosed the TX settings and did not have a backup. So I downloaded the DX7s specific settings from Freefly and installed those. The DX7 now thinks it's setup for an M10. Don't know if that's the issue.

But resetting the model, requires rebinding. And that won't work now. I don't get the solid yellow light, nor do I get the "Bound DSMX2048" message from the TX when binding is done.

Any idea what's going on and how to find my way home?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Andy.

Hmmm... Well, I have a couple of questions, but maybe not an answer.

First, which version of the Movi Firmware are you running? Akira 5.x? You can find this in the App. Also, which version of the App are you using, and what device\platform are you connecting to your Movi (Bluetooth, Wifi, Android, iOS, MacOS?)?

Second, were you setting the Radio Type to DSMX 2048 in the App? Shouldn't necessarily affect your Binding issue, but thought I'd ask about that too.