/dist/images/branding/favicon

Top mounting &a battery config

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by georgemcnabb, Sep 28, 2015.

1. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Hey guys,

I know freefly can't predict every battery size! But mine don't fit and it's very hard to get batteries where I live!

Has anyone modified the battery tray for their batteries that aren't as long. Or does anyone know is tattu 10,0006s fit?

Thanks in advance

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

George:
    The Tattu 10,000 6S will fit -- you side-load them. You will need to adjust the retaining brackets as the batteries are quite short -- and that also means you'll need to work out a Velcro holding strap as the batteries are too short for both of the "rubber" straps to be used to hold them down. The concern will be that if you move the batteries to the rear of the aircraft so that the rear strap can hold them down, then the weight of the batteries will shift the CoG too far aft -- and vice versa if you shift them forward -- so just work out your own Velcro straps arrangement.

Andy.

3. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Ah right why didn't I think of that!

So just ditch the straps and use own Velcro ones with the batteries centered!

4. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

I was wondering the same thing. I have these batteries too.
    The guys at freely said to remove the pegs that hold the battery straps and replace them on the inside of the cage using longer screws and spacers so that the pegs are far enough inside the cage for the straps to fit over the batteries.

I did this and it works, however then I ran into the problem that the only way to get the batteries in and out was to remove the battery stops every time, because the batteries had to be put in from the front not the side. The solution to this (which I haven't tried yet) is to have the stops wider apart. the stops dont need to butt up against the batteries (they are just insurance in case the batteries slip, which they shouldn't because of the straps and the rubber cushions that they sit on).

Anyway I hope that made sense. If it's not clear ask the guys at freefly, they did a pretty good job of explaining it to me.

5. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Thanks again guys, couple of good solutions there. Now to just wait and see what is the go with this latest service bulletin!

6. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Would you be able to post a picture of how you spaced them, that would be really appreciated!

7. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Here's what I did. It's a temporary fix until I get some lightweight nylon spacers. Didn't have enough washers to get the pegs far enough out from the frame so I used a nut and washer on each peg.

Attached Files:

8. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Thanks for that! Looks good I'll try do the same :)

9. Mike Gentilini Jr.

Guys, those of you using Tattu batteries, here's what worked for me.

Dimitar Krustev likes this.
  10. Aj White

Aj White Member

Freeflys batteries are the same size and I came to same solution a few days ago. Seems funny they don't fit right in their own tray!