/dist/images/branding/favicon

too close for comfort

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by David burdeny, Apr 26, 2014.

1. David burdeny

David burdeny New Member

This fellow decided to fly his bird dangerously close to an aircraft coming into YVR....not cool.

2. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

Yes....this in in my backyard and most of the legal pilots here are very upset with the tools like this that will make it harder and harder for us to have a positive reputation moving forward! We're all very happy with how progressive Transport Canada has been and continues to be, but things like this will make them tighten their belts and pinch in on us I'm sure.

I've even been granted permits to fly my CS at YXX to do a marketing video for a company which does maintenance on CAF Herc's and such. Transport Canada were great about ensuring I could get the shots I needed, without bumping into an incoming 737.

Emdy Jones likes this.
  3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

OMG! This is exactly why copter operators get a bad "drone" reputation and it just makes it that much more difficult for all of us to fly. It's a direct insult on those of us who go out of their way to be as safe as possible. I for one always google map to see if there's even the smallest of airports within 5 miles and always call the tower to get clearance if needed. I know this is not the United States, but this is will be the poster child for drone regislation.

This really pisses me off.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The strange thing about this video is that it was posted several months ago, and for what for reason, just made the press recently.

5. Duane Bradley

Steve, there have now been two Drone near YVR stories. Maybe this is the second one? The first was maybe a year ago and was in a much closer proximity to the incoming jets...so close that passengers on the plane were the ones to report the sightings.

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The youtube video above was posted on Nov 4, 2013. That’s what I was referring to.

7. Duane Bradley

Gotcha...

Regardless, this is our second 'too close to YVR' incident in the last year. Not good...

8. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Must be a zenmue gimbal. A little tilted. :D

But, it's really sad that some people think this is OK. No respect.