/dist/images/branding/favicon

Toad in the Hole Success Story

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Steve Maller, May 7, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Had the opportunity to do a shoot in Big Sur over the last couple days. The locations my guy wanted to film were very remote ridges completely covered with the largest Lupine bloom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin) that anybody has seen there in 20 years. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that my launch zones were a 2.5 mile hike away from the end of the dirt road from where we were staying, and that hike had a 1000 foot vertical. So I needed a way to get my X8 copter up to the ridges they wanted to film.

My Toad in the Hole allowed me to quickly break my copter into two parts, strap the copter to a backpack (containing my two transmitters and some of the FPV gear) and carry the MōVI M5. Once I got up to the ridges, it took all of a few minutes to snap it back together, rebalance and align the gimbal and everything, and get her up in the air. It was a success, and my friend was super impressed.

Thank you, Freefly!!! :)

IMG_9850.jpg IMG_9851.jpg 2014-05-06_08-18-34.jpg

2. Noel Zinger

Noel Zinger New Member

Great looking setup Steve, the Toad in the Hole quick release is exactly what I've been waiting for.

Noel

Steve Maller likes this.