/dist/images/branding/favicon

Toad in the hole play?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Adam Brennan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I have my M15 mounted on a toad in the hole on the movipro 30mm ring. I notice when I walk quickly there's a little play forward and backwards with my red camera on it. The toad in the hole is definitely connected where I can hear the click and then secured with the lever. Is this normal to have this play? I don't think it is. Any advice?

2. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I tighten the lever screw but still have a tad bit play.I can rock the to a in the hole up and down slightly. Not as much as before I tightened the lever.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

No, but you can tighten it. It shouldn't have play in it, and I heard one story about the Movi disconnecting from the toad, so definitely check it carefully.

There's a little hex bolt head inside the latch\lever. You can use the Freefly 2.5mm tool with the ball hex tip to get in there and tighten it. It might not need much, a turn or two, but should get rid of the play.

Noel Mathew likes this.
  4. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I tried that and it eliminated some of the play but not all of it. I mounted it to the M15 handle bars and no play at all. So it looks like it's the male piece to the MoviPro ring. I think some of the MoviPro users are having this issue I think. Just don't know if I trust having a red with all that loose slop on the toad in the hole quick connector.

5. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

here's a video of it.

6. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

So it looks like the Movi Toad in the Hole and the Movi Ring Pro male quick connector is a different size giving play in the rig. Picture to the left the M15 and to the right is the Movi Ring pro.

movi.jpg

Noel Mathew likes this.
  7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I did and they are replacing it.