/dist/images/branding/favicon

Toad in Hole moving during shoot ?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Markus Mueller, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Markus Mueller

Hi there,

has anyone else noticed a minimal movement of the gimbal down the toad on the M15 ?
    I see a 0,04 inch movement during the day. There is a 15 pounds epic + Cooke 18mm + Arri WCU-3 ( witch can easily interfere with the controller when you use the strongest power of the follow focus ) + super fat bebop v-mount battery ( we shot a short as a 25 minutes one taker ) and a focus + one iris motor.

Quite a bit of a heavy beast. Can that cause this movement, or is this regular tolerance ?
    My clamp sits tight, I put the handle or crane on while it's in a "sitting position" on ground and a perfect connection is easy.

Thanks for ideas - best Markus

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

You mean it is dropping down with the weight? Or is it rotating around the crossbar?

If it's dropping down, try checking for the small screw to tighten the clamp with. If the lever is engaged, but still slipping, sometimes you will need to adjust the tightness of the cam lever.

3. Markus Mueller

Hi Austin,

thanks for the fast reply.
    I meant dropping down cause of the weight. I had the impression, that the clamp sits as tight as possible, but I will triple check it tomorrow.
    In the end your answer indicates that you don't have the same problem ?

Best Markus

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I don't know that I've encountered the problem quite how you described, but maybe I've noticed a little rotational slippage if the screw has vibrated itself loose a little bit. I'm usually the sort that likes to keep my cam levers tight, though.