/dist/images/branding/favicon

To upgrade or not to upgrade to Akira 5.0?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Manny, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

I have the M10 and would dearly like to start using the time lapse feature that the Akira upgrade offers. But can anyone please tell me when the "beta" period will be over and whether it's safe to proceed with the upgrade? I am seeing so many problems being raised on the forum and don't want to regret going to all the trouble. I am not tech savvy at all and feel like I'm drowning when I see how complicated the upgrade looks - and then dealing with the consequences of potential problems. So I simply wish to know if Freefly will eventually come up with one definitive upgrade that irons out all the issues?

Thanks

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Manny the akira software is safe. Very easy to upgrade and the software in my opinion is top notch very stable.

Derek Cooper likes this.
  3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Seems like today's the day, Manny. Akira is now officially released.

I think the problems have been more due to the firmware update process than anything, but today I updated to Akira 5.0.1 and the new Android App 2.1 and it took me less than 10 minutes. My Movi M15's been running great on Akira for months now. If you have questions about how to install the firmware update, feel free to ask.