/dist/images/branding/favicon

TK and RX lipo voltage monitoring

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dave King, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I have a Quadropower 3 cell 1200 for my TX and 2200 4 cell that powers up my RX and monitor. How are you guys monitoring these voltages as you fly? I really don't know how long they last and I don't want to take a chance for the voltages to drop too low and be rendered useless. The last thing I want to do when I'm flying is have to worry about checking voltages. Just curious what ever else is doing.

Is anyone using the power from the PDB or FCB to power their Mondo TX? I know that the TX voltage can't be any higher than 12 volts so I was wondering if anyone is tapping the power from one of these boards and running it to a 12 volt regulator to power the TX? I"m not sure if it would be worth it to try to run the extra power from the main lipo or if it would drain it to kill flight time? But it sure would be worth it not to have to worry about another lipo voltage and charging. Just curious what everyone else is doing.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave I originally did tap off the main MK distribution but got a lot of electrical noise. I use a Zippy 2500 3S and with the Mondo Extreme at 1.5watts I have never run out of power with multiple flights. You can easily check the if you have one of these little LiPo checkers. I like this one since it has an alarm feature. You could have it mounted to the FPV battery. I have a second one for my ground side but seldom use it since I run a larger 5000 3S and it seems to last forever.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave, no, I've seen those but just went with the separate battery. It is fairly light and with my addition of Radians also plan to power those. Seems almost every build I see with a 3-axis there are one or two batteries on the landing gear. One for the radians and one for the TX.