/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt Trim?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Adrian Price, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Adrian Price

Adrian Price New Member

Hey all

This is probably a balance issue, however after quite a few goes at balancing a 5D III with a 16-35 on a Movi M5 I cant for the life of me get the neutral tilt position to be level (once i turn the Movi on and let it calibrate) see attached image.

I've tried adjusting settings with the configuration app but as soon as I step up the tilt stiffness above 0 it seems to tilt the camera up above level, it's not much, but enough to be rather annoying :(

I've managed with the Roll Trim to even out the pitch, but can't figure out how to get that tilt to be level - its driving me ever so slightly nuts! All help welcome!!!

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Adrian have you checked to see that the camera horizon indicator is actually accurate? I've seen a couple that also indicate out of level when the surface they are mounted to is actually level, like a reference slab. Could be something as simple as the rubber on the bottom of the camera isn't level. Worth checking.

Have you run the Restore Factory Cal in the Systems menu? Also shoot a note to support@freeflysystems.com to see what they say.

3. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Are you saying the tilt is not at a 0° position? Or is it locked? Does the tilt axis still follow your movements as pan does in majestic mode? There is a smooth lock setting that will lock the tilt axis so I'm just making sure it's not that.