/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt offsets

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Pete Maughan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Are people just installing the offsets and keeping them on or fitting and removing as required?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I keep mine on. They’re a bit risky to install, because you have to disconnect the tilt stage cable, and a few people apparently have shorted out their Movi this way.

I really like them! They’re a smart way of reducing the amount of counterbalance you need, because they move the cage back an inch and use that as counterweight, as well as allow more room below the camera for lens motors.

3. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Thanks Graham, I’ve added and removed a few times but thinking its best just to fit and forget.

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

We just keep them all the time on the gimbal.

5. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I have not found any camera that will fit in the cage that I cannot balance with tilt offsets. A Sony A7 III with a 50mm SLR Magic and a single FIZ motor is the lightest setup and a Terra 4K with a Fujinon 50 - 135 + 3 FIZ + Teradek Bolt in the cage was probably the heaviest and longest. The Cinemilled baseplate is also highly recommended.

6. Sean Jensen

Sean Jensen New Member

IMG_9142 copy.jpg

I've just finished a series for Netflix where we used the MoVI Pro as a remote head on our crane. I had an almost impossible time balancing our camera until I got the offsets. RED Monstro, Panavision G series anamorphic lenses, Bright Tangerine Misfit Atom Matte Box, Preston MDR4, 2x Heden motors, Preston Light Ranger 2 and a Teredek Bolt 2000. I also went with IgniteDigi's TB50 battery adapters and the accessory mounts as well. System worked perfectly.

#6 Sean Jensen, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  7. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I also really like those counterweight brackets you have from Ignite Digi. They make it easy to keep the counterweights inside the camera body area and away from hitting the Roll Beam, and you can use your transmitter as counterweight if you bolt it to it.

Definitely look at the Abracam matte boxes. I sold my Misfit Atom after switching to the Abracam because of the easier-to-add Eyebrow and the ability to take a 4.5" round filter and rotate it (for Pola's and Diopters, mostly).

Rolands Zelders likes this.
  8. Sean Jensen

Sean Jensen New Member

Those offsets are great and that's exactly where I attached the transmitter. I recently purchased the Misfit Atom + Pola matte box. It wasn't available when I got the Misfit Atom. I can use the same eyebrow too. It solves the Pola/diopter problem for sure. Those Abracam matte boxes look interesting. Similar pricing too, I believe, but more variety.