/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt axis freak out

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Gustavo Torres, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Gustavo Torres

Gustavo Torres New Member

Hi:
    I used my Movi very little and today I put my Canon T3i on it with a new configuration (with Android tablet, before I had PC with Windows 8) and suddenly the camera started to spin very fast and hard on tilt axis. I turned it off, the camera hit my hand and the cables almost cut. What happened? I'm very scared because my Movi has little use.
    Thank you very much

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo did you rebalance everything with the new camera? Any other changes like changing modes in the GUI or previously using with a remote, or the remote was on with the stick accidentally up agains something?

3. Gustavo Torres

Gustavo Torres New Member

Yes, I rebalance everything because I lost the other balance. In fact, I balance the MoVI as always I do and never had this problem. The remote control was off, yesterday I didn't use it. But if the remote had been on, the movement would be slower. But the camera spin two or three times in a second.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo: It sounds like you may have had some wiring connector come loose. Check all of the connectors very carefully. This may involve removing some protective covers so you can see the connectors and make sure that they are properly seated. Do not pull on the wires, though -- if you need to remove a connector, pull only on the connector.

If you have any doubt about your abilities to do this safely, you may want to open up a support ticket by emailing to support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Was the battery level full? Low battery and out of balance can lead to something similar.

6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I had this happen once as well. Figured out it was because the gimbal was so close to being inverted during startup and it moved slightly so when it finally initialized it couldn't figure out if it was going inverted or normal. Once I turned it off and back on in a for sure normal mode I haven't had this issue since.

7. robert peltier

robert peltier New Member

Hi Gustavo,

By chance, have you recently taken apart the camera cage on your m5? I experienced what sounds like a similar problem from taking apart the cage and the motor-side columns became inverted. If that's the case, simply take apart your cage and flip the motor-side rods 180 degrees before reassembling. I'd also mark the "up" side of the bracket with a piece of tape.

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...ack-when-trying-to-calibrate.3974/#post-43817
    Here's a link to the FF forum thread. It has a video of the movi acting up, so you can see if this is the same problem that you're having.

Hope this helps!

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

If you are running 3.08 firmware the issue of reassembling incorrectly has been fixed.

9. robert peltier

robert peltier New Member

Thanks for the heads up, Brad. That's great to know.