/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt and roll problem

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Scott Stemm, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

Everything was working fine yesterday at our first location. We moved to a new location and the tilt and roll stopped working.
    The symptoms are solid green with flashing yellow on tilt and roll. Pan is working fine with solid greeen solid yellow and camera trigger is also working.
    I use a DX6I for controlling the radians

My radian USB board is 4000 miles away and I wont have it until late next week so unable to get any info as far as programming.

Looking for anything that I might be able to try in the mean time.

Sorry for the bad iPad photos
    Scott

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Scott, hard to tell but what it the first Radian in the chain and are you using sBus for the connection? Couldn't tell what is plugged in on the photos.

I would check on the TX that your mode switch is still showing that it is functioning by looking at the servo display (at least I think the DX6I has a menu for that). Then I would plug and unplug the connection between the RX and the first Radian. If it is connected to your Pan then from the photo it looks like there is a lot of strain on the wire, what little that can be seen.

Also disconnect the daisy chain between the Radians, swap the cables around to make sure it isn't a downstream cable issue since it seems to be the tilt and roll.

3. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

I just checked the plugs and took them out and then reseeded them again and still same problem. The wires on the pan might look in the photo to have strain but there is a small amount of slack in them. The strange part is that the camera trigger is working so some signal is getting from the pan to the roll.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

For clarity, Pan is working, it is switching through the 3 modes (off, Stab, Stab&Pan) and you can control the pan with the radio? But the roll and tilt are not responding to the mode controls?

Post where you are currently located and maybe another forum member can help you with a loaner of the programer.

5. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

Yes pan is working fine. I live in Recife, Brazil and I am traveling to the USA on Wednesday for vacation so will pick it up there. When I was packing up coming down it fell on the floor at my parents house and I didn't see it (radian USB connector)