/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tiger U5 - X8 setup for Epic lifter with M10?

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Robert Marks, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Robert Marks

Robert Marks Member

Hi,
    I am considering to use an X8 setup with U5´s and hercules board with U5´s as an Epic Lifter for the M10.

Any reasons not to use U5´s? U7´s are bigger but I really don´t need a rig capable of 20+ kg´s.

I did some calculations on e-calc and I think U5´s are enough. What do you guys think?

Greetings,

Rob

Attached Files:

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I use U5's with 16 inch props with my flat 8 combo and it works well. You have to be very careful with weight though as you can push it over the limit easily by adding heavy lenses, big lipo batteries or RED accessories such as the side module or follow focus.

Over 150 flights, no issues.

3. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

Running U5's with 15" props, 26lbs and so far no problems though i don't have that many flights yet maybe 10-20.

4. Dave King

Paul

I honestly would look at that very hard as I think you are out of your safety range with 15 inch props at that GAW. Your hover throttle is probably around 68-70%. Thats where I was at 25.5 pounds before switching to 16 inch props.

5. Dave King

Nope not enough motor, not even close. You could run the U5's with a flat 8 and 16 props and be fine provided you strip the Red camera down to bare bones.