/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tiger Motor MT2814-11 bearings

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Sejer Stenum, May 14, 2013.

1. Sejer Stenum

Sejer Stenum New Member

I'm thinking about replacing the bearings on my Tiger Motors. I want to avoid buying them from Tiger Motors, but I'm not sure what type of bearings to order. Do anyone of you know which bearings would fit in these motors?

Thanks in advance,
    Sejer

2. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Sejer,

I would suggest you to go with EZO bearings again. The reason why Tiger's bearing start to noise, can be from C-clips. This what I discoverd a few days ago. If the motor case is moving up and down, the reason of the noise can be this.

I spared 10 Tiger 2814-11 motors to change the bearings but it seems that changing the stock C-clips with a thicker E-clip solved the noise issue. Now they are running like the first they. I put 0.6mm thickness e-clip. (http://www.radicalrc.com/category/E-Clips-318 )

You should check this before changing the bearings. This might save you lots of time and money.

4. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Ozkan, you know you can just loosen the set screws and take the slop out, you don't need to buy thicker c-clips. Not sure how you could even put much thicker c-clips because the groove is only so big.

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I'll try to take some pictures.

Probably half of my first batch of Tiger MT2814 had this problem. Without any crash, the motors started making sound very soon.

First thing I did was changing the bearings. It worked on the first try. So initially I was thinking this was totaly bearing failure. Then, on some motors, chaning the bearings would not fix this weird sound. I was thinking that I damaged them when installing.

But when I realized that the motor case was moving up-down, I tried this method and it worked on almost all of the motors which had this problem. The e-clips I use are maybe only 0.1mm thicker.

Loosing a screw, and then positioning might be another work-around, I need to check on my motors.

What I want to say in short is, if a Tiger motor starts to make a weird noise without any incident or prop crash, I wouldn't rush into changing the bearings. You might have the same problem with me. What I am doing in order are:

* Try to clean the motors with an air blower if some dust or particles stuck at the stators and causing the noise.
    * Checking if the motor case is moving up and down.
    * Taking apart the motor without touching the bearings
    * Cleaning the stators if a metal dust stuck in there.
    * Try to put it back with a fresh C / E clip.
    If all of these doesn't fix it, I change the bearings. If changing the bearing is not fixing the noise, probably shaft is bend or something else :)