/dist/images/branding/favicon

Three flashing lights init. Failed. Help.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Brett Harrison, Sep 22, 2013.

1. John Sarkis

John Sarkis New Member

Hi Andy,

Any help or ideas that you can pass forward to me, in order to fix this issue and/or problem?

John

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sad to say, no. It's either a cabling issue or an actual gimbal controller failure -- those typically need to be handled by support@freeflysystems.com themselves. It sounds like you've already been in contact with them, right?

(And thanks for the name change!)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

#82 Andy Johnson-Laird, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. John Sarkis

John Sarkis New Member

Hi Andy,

Brett helped me in getting the Movi M10 working perfectly but I still cannot get the bluetooth to detect each other..... Is there any tips or tricks to get this working?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi John:
    What did Brett have you do? I think other forum users might benefit if they come across this thread in the future.

Regarding the Bluetooth, the first step is to try and figure out which end of the communications link is the issue.

Which Samsung device are you trying to use -- and have you used Bluetooth with it before? It would be useful to eliminate the Samsung device as the possible culprit....

Do you have any alternative device that has BlueTooth that you might be able to use just to test if it can detect the M10 via Bluetooth (even if it cannot actually work with it, it should still be able to detect it).

Andy

5. John Sarkis

John Sarkis New Member

Hi Andy,

First and foremost: How did I fix the issue?

For anyone having this issue, please check all the cables that are in each motor e.g. 2 plugs per/motor. PLEASE BE GENTLE! I had 2 cables not fitted properly; if the cables are removed completely; do not panic. For example on my Movi M10, the PAN Motor plug was completely removed, they'll be a small carbon part with 2 micro screw; unscrew the top screw and insert firmly, placing it gently back into the port doesn't work use some pressure and you'll hear a small click.

The 2nd loose cable, came from the veyr top motor; use the 2.5mm or 3mm screw drivers and gentle press on the plastic part NOT THE ACTUAL cable. For me personally the cable issue was deciding factor for the lights to go from flickering lights to solid, check every cable from when you unbox your new Movi unit and even if your using it in the future; this is a likely issue for a lot of users!

Regarding, the Bluetooth/Wifi issue that I was having..... My unit does not use 'Bluetooth' mine is Wifi compliant. The best way I got mine working was trying both, if your using a 'Samsung device' swipe from the very top of the device and hold your finger on the 'Bluetooth or Wifi' icon until the next screen pops up. With WIFI please make sure you are near the device and not in the next room otherwise you will not be able to connect to the device; it will say 'Not in Range'! It will pop up, well on mine as 'FreeFly and some random numbers, click on it and press 'Connect'. then open the application. PLEASE TURN YOUR MOVI ON FIRST, otherwise it will not show up.

Bluetooth, go into your bluetooth settings and find the 'FreeFly' name and connect directly to it. Please bare in mind if you've currently got a unit that you consider to be more than 6 months old, you've most likely got a Bluetooth unit, anything more recent you're in the WIFI crew. Each step is very similar whether your a Bluetooth or WIFI device, so please don't panic.

I'm currently using a Samsung Note 4 but as long as you can find the FreeFly application on your app store, you'll be fine. My phone was not the issue, it was down to lack of knowledge; please bare in mind for iPhone or iPad users follow the steps I wrote above but I'm not 100% certain whether or not you need to buy any other accessories; please do not quote me.

I'm hoping this actually helps people because out of the box wires are the culprit 99% of the time and not a faulty unit. If anyone is having issues past this; please don't hesitate to send me a message or reply to this message with photo's or a video and I'll gladly help :)

Oh and 1 tip to any newbie out there that I figured out. Everytime you use your Movi on set, PLEASE mark with a sticky tape and paper where to insert your handlebars each and everytime, this will save you 20 minutes figuring out how to fix your initialisation and why your camera is always facing the wrong way; friendly tip: Where you lock in the handlebars in and you close the latch have that facing directly in-line with where your positioning your camera/lens and obviously use sticky tape and paper and mark it on the device itself.

Also, I just want to throw in some links for people to watch on how to balance the device properly to save these guys some time ;)

Thanks again Guys, hope this helps and if you still need advise or help; please don't hesitate to contact me :)

John

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Jean Rolfe

Jean Rolfe New Member

Hi there - Ive no idea if any one can help but gutted that my little Movi 5 has stopped functioning - I get a mix of 3 flashing green lights or 3 stable green lights but no high pitched whine and no stabilisation - I can connect via bluetooth - Ive reset etc etc but to no avail. Ive checked for loose wires but to no avail - if anyone can help if would be great - was hoping to film some time laps over the Christmas period

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Jean:
    Sorry to hear of the problems -- I don't know whether FF tech support is providing any over-the-holidays coverage -- you could try emailing to them at support@freeflysystems.com if you have not already done so.

What procedure did you use to check for loose wires? Did you, for example, carefully unplug and re-plug the connectors, or just eye-ball things to see if nothing was dangling loose?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert