/dist/images/branding/favicon

Thoughts on travel?

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Tristan Twisselman, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

So for some of our shoots we drive in a Polaris Ranger through some pretty rough terrain. It is not practical to break it down and rebuild at each stop because we usually are only at each spot for an hour or so. Thoughts on transporting it built in/on a polaris ranger...i thought about using a big bucket and the arms of the cinestar would sit in cutouts made in the bucket with rubber lining and some sort of strap for each boom, gimbal is suspended in the bucket...thoughts or better ideas? Thanks!

Tristan

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

One thing to be aware of is that you should be careful if the props can rotate freely. If you're going fast enough and the props start spinning, they can generate enough power back through the copter to boot up the electronics. I've never seen this myself, but others have reported it.

3. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

That brings me to my next point Steve. This last shoot we did I held it while we drove and the props would get spinning fast enough to cause the motors to start beeping like when they first are plugged in. I have a way to make sure the props dont spin now :)